Monday, January 21, 2008

I"M HOME!!!

I am FINALLY home! This is the view from my window. Ok, it was actually a two hour drive from my house. You can probably understand now the reason for the name of this blog. I have been enjoying my time here. The weather has been nice for me. It has been a little werid from what I hear. Yesterday, a sandstorm (haboob) settle over the city all day long, which made it cold here. Today, it actually rained for about 10 minutes...CRAZY!!



The first day here was a bit crazy. We arrived at the apartment around 4:30 am. After settling down from the hipe of being in my country, I finally got to sleep around 6am. I woke up to the smell of coffee that my roommate had made around 9:30 am. For the rest of the day, I unpacked and organized my room. I felt pretty accomplished because it was put together by that night...what a relief that I was finally settled and not living out of a suitcase anymore! Here is a view of my room all put together! Warning: You will need to wear you sunglasses...it's bright!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HaHa! i had a good chuckle when i saw the camel picture! im glad you are doing well. by chance, that was the camel's name? ya know ya gotta name animals... well it is great to see pictures of you. have fun!

Laurie B. said...

Camels are fun to ride. I've ridden a couple of times -- quite bumpy! I actually like your room. It reminds me of college. I hope you're having fun. We miss you!

Unknown said...

The other day I was thinking about that time your car broke down on Papermill and we sat there FOREVER! I think your sis came and rescued us. At least you don't have to worry about your camel breaking down :) Glad to hear you're doing well and enjoying your travels.

Heather Maddox said...

Wow! That's something I thought I would never see. Teresa on a camel in the middle of the desert.Looks like you're enjoying yourself though.

Vicki Y said...

Look at you on that camel! He is about the same color as the Mazda you had for a few years - larger model though...I like your room, nice bright color, keep your sunglasses handy! We enjoy your blog - take care, we love you bunches.