For the past two weeks, I have been studying by day and visiting history by weekend. Last weekend I went to Jerash which is the ruins of the Greco-Roman city of Gerasa. The earliest inhabitants were in the Bronze Age. It was a great experience. The grooves from the carts from back in the day are still on the streets.
I also went to Petra. This city is most famous for it part in the second Indiana Jones movie. Indiana was seen riding a horse thru this exact same spot. Some of us went into the theathre which am not sure that we were supposed to. I have to say that was one of my highlights. My weekends have been full of lots of history. It is so amazing to see where the Romans lived.

8 comments:
What a beautiful picture. I can only image what it looks like in person. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us so we can share in your world travels
I loved Petra. So amazing. I wish I could have visited as a young child. I would have pretended it was a big fort.
T-
I am glad you arrived and have settled in. Organized and everything. The color of the wall is near what would be a natural choice for an ET person.
I like the pictures a lot.
We are thinking of you a lot these days.
Stay in touch.
Sister- What an adventure- Wow!
glad you have this up!
i didn't know - just got the news from your sis today, so i'm excited to read all these blogposts and be caught up!
love you!
T-
OK, so we have blond moments. Thought I would write you a quick note, but forgot my password. Stuff happens.
Thinking of you often.
Might change out the picture of you on our frige, and put the bangs shot up.
Hang in there.
T-
OK, so we have blond moments. I thought I would whip our a quick comment, but I forgot my password, and this seems to be taking half the morning!
Hang in there. (I may have to change out the picture we have on our frige. The bangs shot is pretty good.)
T -
OH! it got there! YEAH.
What are the pyramids on the earlier pictures you posted? Are they for dead guys like other pyramids?
I'm on a roll now!
Post a Comment