Friday, February 1, 2008

Lucy Strikes!!


As my mom would say: "Lucy (Ball) has struck again!" I am having to get used to not just being able to plug anything I need into the wall. So far, I have blown a surge protector and have burnt a portion of my hair. I have learnt that if you plug things into the wall without a voltage converter then the item gets too hot. The surge protector actually had black smoke coming out of it...I was a bit scared that I was going to burn down our apartment and smelt like smoke for awhile. The curling iron looked normal, but as soon as I put it to my hair I instantly smelt burning hair. Needless to say, when I pulled the curling iron away from my hair there was a chunk of my hair in it. Welp I now have bangs, which I was not necessarily wanting. I thought you guys might enjoy hearing about this and laughing with me. Yes, I am laughing and thinking that I am such a blonde sometimes. Besides this, I am doing well! I am in language and enjoying it. I am finally feeling like I can get around with my language. This is a blessing! Thanks for all your thoughts. They are greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

Vicki Y said...

Hey, you live and learn...alot! Keep smiling. Please don't burn up your apartment as you learn. HeeHee...

Anonymous said...

hey they say bangs are making a come back. you are just trying to keep up with the trends.

Ronnica said...

Oops...I guess you won't do that again!

I'm glad that you are blogging...I'll enjoy reading!

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

oh! sorry about your hair!

:o) funny though...