For the very first time, I got to celebrate my birthday overseas. I had an awesome day! First, I had class until about 10:00 am and then worked on a project until 1:00pm. Second, I got to just hang out in my room for a bit with my awesome roommate. Next, the girls went and got manicures and pedicures...it was AWESOME!! We had a quick dinner at McDonald's (this bought back memories of having parties there as a kid). We then met and had a time of worship. Finally, we came back to our hotel and had this awesome cookie cake. It was the BEST! The picture shows the cake and it says Happy Birthday Teresa in Arabic. My friends made sure that there was orange icing on it. The man in the bakery really couldn't understand why they wanted orange instead of pink. I don't think I could have asked for a better overseas birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
First off, i can't believe they have cookie cakes over there. Second, I can't believe you would destroy such a beautiful confection with butt ugly orange icing. Next time, go for red. It is just a shade off, but so much more classy.
I'm so proud of you. You are doing an amazing work and seeing some amazing things a long the way. Happy Birthday!!
I enjoyed seeing your birthday cookie and hope you enjoyed your birthday. Can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about your adventures. Post often, ok? Love you bunches!!!
Post a Comment