I have to say that it was really hard to be away from family and friends back home during this season. I missed all the family traditions, BUT God was so great in allowing my time here to be special as well. My roommates and myself got up Christmas morn and shared a special time of giving to each other. We finished our last minute food preparations and headed to our team leaders house. We began with a wonderful brunch and included lots of different cheeses and BACON. Next, we push ourselves away from the table for a brief time to watch my favorite Christmas movie...ELF and to play several rounds of Guess Who with the kids. It was time for dinner, which I really didn't have room in my stomach for...but it was oh so good (ham, turkey and dressing, broccoli, green beans, mashed potatoes, corn and carrots). We then had a time to exchange gifts and to read the Christmas Story. Next, dessert...not sure how I didn't explode, but it was a great day(pumpkin pie, apple pie, candle cake and fruit salad).
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Christmas Time!!!
I have to say that it was really hard to be away from family and friends back home during this season. I missed all the family traditions, BUT God was so great in allowing my time here to be special as well. My roommates and myself got up Christmas morn and shared a special time of giving to each other. We finished our last minute food preparations and headed to our team leaders house. We began with a wonderful brunch and included lots of different cheeses and BACON. Next, we push ourselves away from the table for a brief time to watch my favorite Christmas movie...ELF and to play several rounds of Guess Who with the kids. It was time for dinner, which I really didn't have room in my stomach for...but it was oh so good (ham, turkey and dressing, broccoli, green beans, mashed potatoes, corn and carrots). We then had a time to exchange gifts and to read the Christmas Story. Next, dessert...not sure how I didn't explode, but it was a great day(pumpkin pie, apple pie, candle cake and fruit salad).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment