Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Humbled!
Each day there has been several hours that we have had no water in our apartment. When this happens, we have to go downstairs to the water pump and try to get it to pump water to a tank that is on top of our roof. This process can take sometimes 15 minutes because we have to play with all the gauges and they have to be in the perfect spot in order for us to get everything to work. We have tried to explain to our guard this process needs to be done in the morning and at night, but inevitably we still have to pump the water. I don't understand...maybe our guard does get the concept if you don't pump the water, you don't have water. For the past few days we have done this and still nothing. We found out that it is because there is no water flowing from the city. We can usually get enough water for the day to do our daily routines. Well, I was explaining my frustrations to my language tutor...thinking that she would have sympathy for us. She replied that she has had no water at her house for 6 days...ouch!! I started thinking was I really just complaining about only have a few hours of water each day...WoW! I have since changed my attitude and am truly grateful for the hours that we do have water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow desert woman!! We Americans are certainly spoiled and take things completely for granted. I will be thinking of you often. Look on the bright side. You'll come back a beanpole with all that sweating you'll be doing.
Hi Sweetie!
Sorry about the lack of water. I use to tell you when you were little that you was so spoiled that you stunk...HA!
Love you stinky and all,
Mom
T-
I guess water is kind of like air, when you have it. Now maybe sand is kind of like air. Have you tried washing your dishes in it?
Hey, even if the water on you is your own sweat, we are thinking of you often.
Dad has a way of teaching us lessons in humility.
Oh, Tom has had over 80inches of snow this year. Just keep thinking that all the sand is snow flakes and you'll be cool as a cucumber!
Post a Comment