Monday, March 24, 2008
Apple Barn
So, the other day I saw an Apple Barn magnet on a friend's refrigerator. For those who don't know, the Apple Barn is this awesome restaurant in the Gatlinburg area of Tennessee. I started thinking of their awesome food: apple fritters with apple butter and apple jubilee. I decided to look up the recipe online for the apple fritters and found that it would not be hard to make. Of course, I did not have a "Fry Daddy" (those from the south understand it is a fry daddy not a fryer)...so, I resorted to putting oil in a saucepan and it worked wonders. I took the apple fritters to a friend’s house and let's just say I think they were a hit because not many came home with me. The only thing I think was missing was the apple butter, so being the clever and humble girl that I am I decided to cover the fritters with powdered sugar. You will not be able to taste the result for yourself (they are long gone and I'm many miles away) but your can see the results!!! Enjoy!! Oh I forgot to tell you our kitchen is bright green kind of matches my bright yellow bedroom and the cabinets look like they are from the 60's. It's fun!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! Teresa's an M and a chef. Woman of many gifts. Those fitters looked scrumptous. Try to stay cool!!
HUSH PUPPIES!!!
Now that is East Tennessee coming out all over the place!
How 'bout them Lady Vols!
Post a Comment