Wow! I can't believe it has already been one month since my plane touched down here in the sandbox. I am currently learning Arabic and can I say that I am being humbled each day. Each week I am required to put in 35 hours of language. For 5 day a week, I spend 2 hrs with a tutor, 2 hrs studying on my own and 3 hrs out in the community. This week I have been learning how to read it. There are a couple of the letters that have very simular sounds. If you change one sounds, it can mean a totally different word. Here is a picture of what the script looks like. Please remember as you read this you have to read from right to left. If you don't recognize this product, it is Coca Cola Light aka Diet Coke. That's for you sis. I have limited myself to one a day. The rest of the time I drink water or Crystal light.
Here are a few pictures from of my apartment (2nd Floor), front yard, and the street I live on. Our street does not actually have a name. It is funny: there are many a times that we walk out our gate and onto our street stepping over our trash from the day or two before which is not exactly where we put it.
Here is a picture the city during a small "haboob" aka sand storm. The sky is usually blue, but in this picture it is more of a haze of dust. Because of this, no matter if your windows are opened or not, there is always a film of dust on everything. Welcome to the desert!
This picture is for my dad. They do have beetles here. This one is to show where the car shop is. Also, today I was a volkswagen that had a car front and a delievery truck back. I'd never seen one like it before!
Thank you guys so much for lifting me up! It means alot to know that I have be blessed with so many awesome friends and family members! You guys are the best! Please keep me in your thoughts with language and to make awesome friendships here! Thanks again!

4 comments:
super fun!
it's always good to keep up with pictures. it really helps other (me, at least) to connect with you.
missing you and knowing that this is for "the best." ;)
nicole
Sunscreen. You need sunscreen. And it's snowing here today. I do hope you are taking care of yourself. And never forget that we are back here thinking about you.
wow! i'm impressed with the language you are learning. reading right to left? i think i'll stick to english and my very limited spanish. you are in my thoughts.
?siht daer uoy naC
That's the best I can do right to left. Thinking about you lots! Love the blog. Keep it up!
Post a Comment