Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Home in the Kind of Village

So, I know that I told you guys that I now live in the village. When I say village, I forgot to tell you guys that it is the second largest city in the country. We have running water, indoor plumbing AND electricity...most of the time. The times that we don't we have a generator. All in all, I have a pretty nice house/ compound. I went back the city this last week for a visit. It was hotter there and the electricity was horrible. The apartment in the city through it does have AC it does not have a generator to run it. When the electricity is out, it is out.

Bedroom with the water cooler in between the beds

Living room sort of

Courtyard with the hole that I fell in trying to get the clothes off the line…I do have a scar on my foot to prove it.

Bathroom and shower. Notice the hand sink in outside. Makes washing your bedtime routines nice because you can look up at the stars as you do them.

Dining Room

Mural on Dining Room wall


Kitchen…notice the stove on top of the cabinet. We have to get a chair to actually cook on it.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Teresa,
Thanks for the up-date and pictures. It looks like now you have a home with a blue color scheme, to go along with a cooler location. Hope that all is well.
Love you,
Mom

dhark said...

Bleautiful!

Good to hear from you and see where you were. Watch those clothes lines. No, watch the holes under them. Or watch everything.